Sunday, 11 May 2014

Don't let it Bug You! - Unruly 11th May

"Don't Let it Bug You!"
I am so glad you you dropped by.
Sometimes I have to take documents of varying kinds with me to meetings. Now you must admit most folders are so boring. These are my File Folders which I am showing off over at Unruly Paper Arts where May is a Fabric Frenzy. You will be delighted with what you see there!

I made a stack of these from recycled Manilla Files.

"Just the way to be - Free"
Firstly I layered some sewing pattern tissue across the folder.
Then I sponged acrylic paint around the edges.
Scraps of hand dyed calico were then added to the folders.
These were stitched down.

"Remember - the Reno File"
Then the fun began. Stamps of all kinds were inked up and stamped using Archival Ink.

That's What we Need!         

To finish a strong braid was stitched right through the centre to give a tie closure. The zig zag on the edge is double stitched part of the way giving a pocket.

I use my files all the time and for very different purposes. When I am out and about everyone from the bank manager to someone in the coffee shop has admired them. For me they are about crafty organisation.
It's a good idea to include your name and a contact on the inside cover too, just in case.

Paper, Fabric, Stamping and Stitching! Four of my favourite things!
Julie

Created For 
Unruly Paper Arts - Fabric Frenzy

Challenges Entered

7 comments:

Carla said...

This is fabulous! Love the colors and the details. You always have the neatest creations!

butterfly said...

These are so cool, Julie - I love the colours and beautiful stamping. And the hand-dyed calico scraps are just beautiful too.
Alison xx

Helene Bogren said...

Hello there! I´ve left you something over at my blog and would be great if you could answer the questions and continue this one :) xoxo Helene
http://helenesscrapsida.blogspot.se/2014/05/liebster-award-with-questions-and.html

Nancy said...

These are gorgeous! What a great idea to reuse those Manila file folders. So much prettier too!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun and fabulous way to keep your important papers safe! So unique and beautiful, Julie!

Mrs A. said...

This is such great idea. Almost wish I was back at work now and still going to all those boring meetings!! Hugss Mrs a.

Becky said...

What a great idea and so creative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...